- For the purpose of UK and European data protection and e-privacy legislation (Data Protection), the data controller is Reigate Chambers Limited whose registered address is 7-11 High Street, Reigate, Surrey RH2 9AA.
- By using this website and any services we offer, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy and the terms and conditions contained in this policy. If you do not agree, you MUST NOT use this site and/or services.
- If you have any queries about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be glad to answer your questions.
- In this policy, “client”, “you” and “your” refers to you, the person accessing this site and the person acquiring our services. “Reigate Chambers”, “Ourselves”, “We” or “Us” refers to Reigate Chambers Limited.
Personal information – Data Protection
We will collect the following personal information from you:
- Full name, telephone number, e-mail, address, utility bill(s) and/or a copy of passport and any other information which might be necessary to carry out the work due to the nature of the work.
- The information you give us online or by corresponding via telephone, e-mail, letters or otherwise including information when you register to use a secure part of our website, subscribe to any newsletters or updates, make an enquiry, request a quotation, search for a service, make a payment online or otherwise, instruct us to provide services, participate in social media functions, enter a competition, a survey or promotion or register for an event.
- For certain legal matters, you may give us special category of personal date which includes information about your health, your racial or ethical origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, your sex life or sexual orientation and your criminal offences/convictions.
- For some legal matters, third parties such as solicitors, accountants, counsels, local authorise, courts and other bodies and professions and/or your representatives, may disclose information to us which we process in accordance with the strict obligation of confidentiality to which we are subject to under the general law, regulations, professional requirements and our own code of practice.
Use of this information – Date Protection
- The information which you give us about yourself or a third party including personal information is highly confidential to us and will be received in professional confidence. We do not share your information with a third party without your permission or sell it for marketing purposes. The only exception is that statutory and other legal requirements may cause us to disclose information which we have received from you to governmental or other regulatory authorities and to do so without first obtaining your consent to such disclosure or telling you that we have made it. In particular circumstances, we may disclose your information to other professionals such as counsels, solicitors and court staff.
- Reigate Chambers Limited may wish from time to time to send you information about its services or to seek your feedback in order to improve its services. If you do not wish to receive such information, you should e-mail us at email@example.com or telephone at 01737 749250.
- Marketing Opt-Out: you are entitled to opt-out of marketing communications at any time and free of charge by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the unsubscribe option included in any marketing e-mails or other marketing material received from us.
Copyright and Trademark
- Permission is granted only electronically to copy and/or in hard copy portions of this website or any other information and/or document on this website for your personal non-commercial purposes only. Any other use of materials by you including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution and re publication is strictly prohibited.
- All designs, text, graphics, program code, documents, information and the selection or arrangements therefore are the copyright of Reigate Chambers Limited.
- All trademarks, brand names and company names or logos contained herein are the property of Reigate Chambers Limited and/or their respective owners.
- Many browsers will automatically accept cookies but you can amend your browser settings to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. More information about cookies and how to block cookies across different types of browser is also available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis services provided by Google Inc which works using cookies. Google Analytics cookies collect your IP address. You can prevent Google Analytics cookies from being stored by setting your browser software accordingly. However, please note that you may not be then able to make full use of all the website’s functions. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Linking to third party websites
- We may provide links to some useful third party websites. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our Site and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Legal grounds for collecting and use of your personal information
We collect, use and otherwise handle your personal information when:
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests in connection with operating our website and other social media pages;
- To fulfil our contractual obligations with you and any third party involved in your case including invoicing you;
- We have your consent for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, however, there are limited circumstances where we rely on your consent as we usually have another lawful basis for processing your date such as contractual obligation and legitimate interest;
- Responding to your queries;
- Providing services and/or information to you;
- Administrative purposes;
- Keeping in touch with you and/or your business/company
- Hosting and maintaining our website;
- Using in the investigation and/or defence of potential complaints;
- Legal proceedings;
- Disciplinary proceedings;
- Ensuring network and information security.
- Where there is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- We use the information you give us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, responding to your queries and provide you with information, services, products and services you request from us.
- If you register for our events, we will share your name, business name and professional title with other people that are attending the event. If you register for an event jointly organised with selected a third party, we will share your name, business name and professional title with the other event organiser for event communications and management.
How long do we store personal information:
- We retain your personal information for the length of time required for the specific purpose or purposes for which it was collected. The original hard copies of your documents will be returned to you after completion of your work and upon completion of the payment as stated in our client care letter. On occasions we may be obliged / required by law to retain your data for a long time. We will keep your Will and any other documents or deeds until such time as we are informed by you or requested the documents by you or you may ask the documents including any originals to be returned or destroyed provided that we are not under any legal obligation to retain such documents by applicable law.
- We will retain electronic form of your full records including your personal information for the reason that it can be accessed in future should you wish to instruct us or in case such information is needed in future. Please note that we might keep a record of your name, your contact details, the name of your case, and when the case was closed even if you request us to delete records of your case.
Where we store your date:
All information you provide to us is stored in our office, computers and Drop-Box.
The transmission of information via internet is not completely secure, although we will do our best to protect your date, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website, any transmission is at your own risk.
Your have the right to ask us not to process your personal date for marketing purposes. You can exercise such right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by using the unsubscribe option included in any marketing e-mails or other marketing material received from us.